CCRP ·Certified Canine Rehabilitation PractitionerThe only RACE approved, university-based credential program for canine rehabilitation education.
This education is the only university based, RACE approved specialization in the world. The high standards for admission and rigorous, yet exciting, curriculum assure graduates that the CCRP credential is recognized as the premiere program in canine rehabilitation.
Who can apply?
The Canine Rehabilitation Certificate Program (CCRP) is available to veterinarians, licensed veterinary nurses/technicians, and physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists and students of one of the accepted professions. Our aim ist to promote the art and science of canine physical rehabilitation. This will be achieved by educating vets in the principles and practical application of canine physical rehabilitation.
Why CCRP Program?
The program draws from ongoing research, evidence based case studies, clinical experience, and leading companies in the fields of veterinary medicine. The title CCRP is recognized all over the world. We frequently help to relocate experts and also many clinics nowadays request this title for such a position.
Developed using the same strict guidelines typically associated with university accredited programs, the course is taught by active university instructors, researchers, specialized clinicians with many years of experience.
CCRP offers the following advantages:
- The University of Tennessee Certificate Program in Canine Physical Rehabilitation is the only program in veterinary rehabilitation to win the distinguished Outstanding Non-Credit Program Award by the Association for Continuing Higher Education.
- Instruction by veterinarians and physical therapists.
- Our instructors have made significant research contributions and published much of the available literature in canine physical rehabilitation.
- Emphasis on evidenced-based medicine.
- Access to the latest clinical and laboratory research results.
- Access to and practice/training with an extensive array of treatment approaches, including a myriad of equipment and emerging modalities which are based on clinical research.
- Commitment to presenting a comprehensive curriculum that provides a solid foundation upon which to treat routine and complicated clinical cases, and to build and improve clinical practice in veterinary rehabilitation.
- Upon successful completion of the program and examination, participants receive the designation of Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner.
Getting Started in Canine Physical Rehabilitation
Over the past decade, awareness of canine physical rehabilitation has increased, and rehabilitation has become a rapidly growing service within veterinary specialty hospitals, referral centers, and primary care practices.
Physical rehabilitation is an exciting and challenging field in which veterinary professionals can develop new skills and grow in their career development. With CCRP you will learn methods to effectively evaluate and treat dogs, with various debilitating conditions but also include cats and other species to some extent. Treatment protocols for many indications are developed to facilitate a faster and more complete recovery. The course program guides the students towards becoming chefs – using their knowledge (ingredients) for a successful treatment plan to secure their return to full mobility. Students will be taught through a blended learning environment that includes online course work and live labs to minimize time in the classroom and maximize time with their hands on dogs.
Never believe that animals suffer less than humans. Pain is the same for them that it is for us. Even worse, because they cannot help themselves.
The program is open to the following:
- Veterinary Technicians
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Students in one of the accepted professions*
Proof of degree(s) and or license(s) must be provided for every profession
*Proof of acceptance and documentation showing current enrollment in a qualified program must be provided with your initial registration. You will be asked to provide continued proof of active enrollment. You must complete one academic year of your professional program prior to enrolling in this program. Successful completion of your degree is required prior to taking the certificate exam.
Canine Rehab Certificate · CCRP · Our Goal
Here you find all information needed to become a CCRP!
The certificate program in canine rehabilitation offers a series of postgraduate courses for veterinarians, physical therapists and veterinary technicians. After successful completion of all the online, e-learning and practical courses and after successfully passing the examination, participations will receive the title “Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner”.
It's time to become a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner!
CCRP Course Program
Course Program Details • Read more »
CCRP Course Advantages
This education means a real step forward in your professional life! • Read more »
Certified Canine Rehabilition Practitioner Instructors • Get to know them »
CCRP Dates & Locations
All current and upcoming dates: Dates & Locations »