VAHL ACADEMY ONLINE SYMPOSIUM - Pain & Rehab
in collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim ®
Wednesday 9th June, 2021 · 14:00-18:30 hours CET
Next step to implement physical medicine, rehabilitation and sports medicine as a clinic service: Do we need rehab if we have an excellent orthopedic and neurologic surgeon?
Yes, I would like to take part in the online symposium
VAHL SHOP Register »
Goal: Rise your profile! Get started – with ready to use treatment options, to be implemented into the clinic service, to be given to the pet owner – we start the team approach.
- 14.00 Welcome (BE) 5 min.
- Career steps in physical medicine:
get started with simple procedures like heat and cold – become a specialist with an academic education (CCRP/CERP) and complete your desire for an academic career with a residency to become a Diplomate ECVSMR (BB) 15 min.
- Team approach:
my role as a vet nurse, specialized in rehab (GO) 10 min. and (TJ) 10 min.
- Why rehab – look at this example:
Biomechanics and related treatment considerations in CCLR – it is evidence based! (BB) 30 min.
- Break 15 min.
- Multimodal pain approach – manage your patients, don’t miss important links (BE) 5 min.
- a) Pain control with medication – overview: (BER) 5 min.
- b) “Tips & Tricks when you treat with NSAIDS” (Metacam, Previcox & Canosan) Features and benefits of Metacam, and Canosan (CB) 25 min.
- c) Obesity is key in multimodal pain approach (BE) 10 min.
- d) Pain control with physical therapy how to get started with little/ no investment:
1) Heat and cold (BER) 10 min.
2) Massage (GO) 10 min.
3) Exercises (GO) 10 min.
4) Involve your pet owner – homework (GO) 10 min.
- Break 15 min.
- Multimodal pain approach
Overview - Laser, TENS, stem cells, PRP, and much more (BER) 10 min.
- 1) TENS (BER) 15 min.
- 2) Laser (BER) 15 min.
- 3) Hydrotherapy (TJ) 15 min.
- Q&A – panel discussion (all) – 30 min